◦ Overall Understanding: We have created a knowledge base for all rules and guidelines. Please read and understand all aspects of the content on the following link: learn.weld.co
◦ Public Space & Intellectual Property: We're all on the same team here. WELD works because it is built on collaboration and trust. Make other WELDERs look awesome in front of their clients. We ask that you don't promote yourself to other people's clients. Doing this could result in membership termination. And don’t steal other people's ideas. That ain't cool.
◦ Usage of Space: WELD is a place for work and some play, not vice versa. For meetings and group conversations we ask that you use the conference room or lounge areas.
◦ Headphone Rules:
No headphones = Approach me, talk to me, I'm not doing anything important.
One ear covered = Talk to me but make it fast.
Both ears covered = Don't approach me… I'm slammed. You are great but let's talk later.
◦ Label all of your stuff: Including laptop chargers, camera batteries, everything… if something is lost, it's on you.
◦ Food: If it’s in the fridge: No name, free game. Fridge will be cleaned periodically - if it is expired or looks suspicious it will be trashed.
◦ Studio and Conference Rooms: Reservations of these rooms are made on a community wide calendar and are reserved on a first come, first serve basis with reservations. When you are finished with your reserved time please make sure the room is clean and appears the exact same way as it did when you arrived. Conference Rooms should be booked for no more than 3 hours at a time.
◦ Guest Policy: Feel free to bring in guests and show them around. Be sure to have them check-in with a WELD employee/WELD office. If your guest wants to stay and work for awhile, they will need to purchase a day pass($20 for 1 workday). Please no clients or guests outside of business hours (M-F 8am-5pm) without prior notice to the WELD staff.
◦ Overall Atmosphere: We are a curated community. The heart of this community is centered around encouraging, helping, and collaborating with others around you. This also includes keeping the space one that everyone can enjoy. This isn't a restaurant and our employees and interns are not here to clean up after you. Treat the space the same way that you would your own house..or better yet, your grandmothers’ house.
◦ Available Service & Rates: WELD is growing rapidly and as we do we will inevitably add to and remove services we are currently providing. We will always provide power, air conditioning, coffee, fast internet and great space for shooting & working. The rate at which we are able to provide these basics and the amenities that we provide will vary.
◦ Access to Space: We will have to fix things from time to time. It may briefly cramp your work-style. But we’ll try to keep that to a minimum. We are only doing this because we love you and want you to have an amazing experience.
◦ No Liability: If stuff goes down, we can't be held liable for it unless we willfully neglect it.
◦ Consent to Use of Data: We can use anything you do on our servers to improve our service. This also means we can see if you do anything that compromises the integrity of the community and the sweet internet speed.
◦ Internet Access: With great power comes great responsibility. WELD doesn’t block online content so that you can always find what you need. That being said, we are also not responsible for malware or viruses that you may pick up from untrusted websites. We ask that you browse intelligently. Our internet is guaranteed by our ISP to be up 99.97% of the time… but we do apologize if the apocalypse happens and we lose wireless signal.
◦ Condition of the Space: If you break it, you’ll have to buy it. WELD and our amazing Interior Designer have the decorating covered. Please leave everything the way it is, but chat with us if you have a solution / suggestion.
◦ Office/Property Abandonment: If you no longer chose to be a member or rent a space at WELD, you are responsible for taking all of your items with you before the last day of your membership. Anything that is left, will become property of WELD.
◦ Insurance: Renter’s insurance is encouraged, but not required. WELD is a safe place, but it’s still a good idea to have extra coverage. I mean, Tornado Alley. Hello.
◦ Exterior Doors: You may not leave doors open and unattended. Do not prop doors open, especially during non-business hours, even if it means convenience for you. Direct guests to the exterior door closest to you. Lock and Latch every door before you leave.
◦ Payments: We make payments really easy online or an email reminder for a check. If you are late on payment (after the 1st of the month) you will be charge a 5% late fee. If payment is not made by the 5th you will be charged or invoiced for the remainder of that month and membership will be ceased.
◦ Non-Refundable Activation Fee: A non-refundable activation fee of $75 will be charged at the time you start your membership. This ensures you are properly on-boarded into the space, get a fancy key-fob, and attain access to all your membership has to offer (partnerships, online portals, etc).
◦ Key fob Replacement: If your key fob is lost, it can be replaced at the cost of $40 USD.
◦ Termination: We ask that you abide by this agreement, or we’re going to have to ask you to leave. We prioritize the health of our community over everything else, so WELD reserves the right to terminate membership at any time. If you should decide to terminate your membership with WELD, you must give formal notice of your dissolution by emailing the WELD staff and ensuring they receive the email. To be applicable to dissolve this agreement for the following calendar month, we request a notice of at least 30 days for regular WELDer membership. For those in a dedicated desk, container office, open office or premier space you are required to give a 30 day notice before the end of your written agreement which is 6 to 12 months based on the option of space you use. Failure to comply with either of these terms in dissolving your membership will result in a penalty as follows: WELDer - $400 for the next month. Dedicated Desk -the remainder of your contract. Container Office - the remainder of your contract and your deposit fee. Premier Office - the remainder of your contract and your deposit fee.